Grimsey’s Adult Swimfit Pty Ltd
Version: August 2016
GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT understands that your privacy is important and ensures that information provided by you is collected and held in accordance with relevant Australian privacy law.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic and physical form.
- Any information that we no longer require is destroyed.
- Personal information you provide us including your name, address, telephone number, email address, billing address, and shipping address is to enable you to transact business with us, and will not be released, sold or rented to any entities or individuals outside of GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT
- Personal information collected is used to deliver (required by postal and courier companies) the items you have purchased and to further enhance our service offering to you
- GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT does not collect or record any credit card details you may provide when purchasing products from the grimseysadultswimfit.com website.
- Your credit card details are processed by a secure third party, our ANZ bank merchant account.
- As required by law, you may “opt-out” from direct marketing material that GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT may send.
- Bookings and/or orders placed on our site are encrypted using *SSL technology, so rest assured that your transactions are protected. With SSL implemented information sent via the internet can be trusted to arrive privately and unaltered to our server. In order for SSL security to work, you must use an SSL enabled browser. Most browsers, version 3x and later support SSL.
- If you still have any concerns about ordering electronically, feel free to call or us and place your order over the phone.
- Email is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. We will NEVER ask for sensitive information via email.
GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT’S on-line Registration uses SSL Version 3.0 software which encrypts information you input when you register on-line and the Payment Page uses encryption of credit card transactions.
IMPORTANT POLICY POINTS:
- Collection of Personal Information
1.1 Most personal information is provided to the GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT by clients registering for a swim session or clinic, either by an Electronic / On-line Registration Form. Personal information is also collected when a client completes a survey, questionnaire or application form, and when prospective clients make enquiries about our services.
1.2 Generally, you are not obligated to provide any information requested by GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT that you do not wish to provide. However, if you choose to register for a training session/clinic with GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT then you must provide the personal information requested on the Registration Form. If you do not provide accurate information you will not be able to complete the registration process.
1.3 In respect of the Website, information may also be automatically collected through the use of a ‘cookie’.
Cookies are used on the Website to remember your login details, to track web traffic on an aggregate basis and to keep session information to assist your use of the Website, such as your last search (however this information is disposed of every time you close your web browser).
GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT may use the information contained in Cookies to make assumptions about you and to provide you with focused swim coaching service information that GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT believes may be of interest to you.
You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a Cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept Cookies. However, Cookies allow you to take full advantage of the Website and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
2.1 GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT may use information collected from you to:
(a) provide you with information about suitable and similar swimming training sessions;
(b) personalise and customise your experience on the Website and Webclass;
(c) communicate with you in order to support your registration and business relationship or respond to any queries you may have; and
(d) give you the opportunity, from time to time, to receive information about GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT news, events, promotions, competitions or services such as emails or ‘e-newsletters’. You will of course be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
2.2 GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT does not sell client information to third parties.
2.3 Client and prospective client information will not be provided to anyone unless GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT has permission from the client, or is specifically allowed or required to provide the information by law.
For example client information is only given to the following parties where required:
Swim Teachers/Coaches/Staff who require information for training purposes
- Surf Lifesaving volunteers to comply with water safety procedures/requirements;
- Third party providers such as ANZ to process credit card and direct debit information; or
- Collections agents in the event of outstanding payments.
2.4 GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT will ensure that a party provided the personal information has in place equivalent privacy policies and procedures that will prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of information; and they will not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was given to that party.
2.5 All employer information obtained will be treated as “commercial in confidence” whether so marked or not. This means it will not be revealed to others without the employer’s permission.
- Marketing Activities
3.1 GRIMSEY’S ADULT SWIMFIT will undertake direct marketing activities to clients and prospective clients using information provided in the enquiry process, registration process, web browsing activities or from business referrals.
3.2 To opt out of direct marketing activities follow the instructions in the direct marketing item or email email@example.com with subject line: Stop Direct Marketing; and in the email body include name, address and email details.
3.3 Opting out of direct marketing activities will not stop news items and administrative notices being issued.
- Refusal of Service
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Grimsey’s Adult Swimfit Pty Ltd and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, and/or cancel service requests or memberships in its discretion, including, without limitation, if Grimsey’s Adult Swimfit Pty Ltd believes that a person’s conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Grimsey’s Adult Swimfit Pty Ltd and its affiliates.
- Contacting the Privacy Officer
- Internal Responsibilities
6.1 Directors are responsible for ensuring this Policy is published on the website; and that staff have appropriate training and continued professional development to support the implementation of this Policy.